This is a technical position on the Information Security Team. Provides data security support and guidance to client regions and affiliates. Represents the Data Security Office on project teams and other IS initiatives and works with other IS operations support departments to identify and recommend solutions on security-related issues. Provides hands-on security administration of a broad range of security duties and requires a high level of technical experience. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to oversight of design, engineering, analysis, research, testing and monitoring. Serves as the Technical Analyst senior advisor to the Chief Data Security Officer, IT Security Operations Manager. Experience with IT General Controls, Identity Access Management, process improvement and business analytics would be beneficial.
Senior analyst will work on the Cyber-security team, providing incident response investigation, containment, remediation, and reporting of major information security incidents supporting all business units. The team coordinates with IS, Legal, Privacy, and other appropriate business units to gather incident details, assess impact, and coordinate response.
The role is in a large environment of 5K+ Microsoft Windows servers and 60K+ Microsoft Windows 7 desktops. It will work closely with the Dell Security Operations Center, responding to and remediating tickets and driving follow up projects. They will develop close working relationships with departments impacted by tickets generated by SOC to aid in driving security initiatives forward and to allow for smooth incident response.
Health Care Industry experience is a plus.
- Provide Incident Response, coordinating tasks and people, documenting and writing reports.
- Respond to Dell Security Operations Center (SOC) notifications and work to resolve them.
- Undertake complex project work that results from SOC incidents to troubleshoot root cause and drive solutions with other teams (Desktops, Servers (Windows and Unix), Network, others as needed).
- Forensic work on servers and workstations (Encase, etc ).
- Complex analysis of logs provided from various sources to pinpoint issues and drive resolution
- Lead\support computer security incident outbreaks, resolutions and all phases in between.
- Undertake problem ownership.
- Manage vendor relationship and work to ensure timely resolution to enterprise platform issues.
- Participate in On-Call rotation with other team members providing coverage 24×7
- Form strong relationships with IS teams to aid in future initiatives and incident resolution
- Provide architecture assurance on security platform initiatives
- Maintain security infrastructure, providing stability by following and using the tools, policies, processes and procedures available
- Provide a secure environment, managing and mitigating risks
- Provide reporting and metrics
- Resolve Incidents and/or outages impacting services provided by the team
- Create, review, maintain and update documentation
- Work with colleagues to provide consistent processes and procedures and provide innovative ideas
- Escalate and liaise with additional internal/external groups when required, resulting in satisfactory resolution
- Active & Constructive participation within and amongst teams and colleagues
- Regularly re-evaluate processes and procedures and Instigate service improvement initiatives
- Provide Input into Business Continuity Planning and Practices
- Other Duties as Assigned