You are trying to perform Windows Update and you receive the following Error:
Error - "WindowsUpdate_8024001B OR WindowsUpdate_dt000"
Follow below steps to resolve the Update issue:
- Click on “Start” and type “cmd” (without the quotations)
- When you see the “cmd” icon, Right Click on it and select “Run as administrator”
- On the open Command Prompt window copy and paste the commands (all at once)
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
ren C:WindowsSoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
ren C:WindowsSystem32catroot2 catroot2.old
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver
- Wait for the process to complete
- Close the Command Prompt
Now, go to Windows Update and try installing the updates. Check if it helps.
Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, refer the steps:
- Click on the “Windows+R” keys simultaneously, type “regedit” (without the quotes) and hit “Enter”.
- Now, click on “File” and select “Export”. Save it to the desired location.
If you make any mistakes while editing the registry, then you can just Right Click on the Exported file and select “Import”
Now try to check for Update one more time and you should be able to resume your Update…