Error - Sharepoint continues to prompt for username/password (Multiple login prompt)
If you have migrating SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2013 using databases process, you will get Multiple Login Prompt on every pages after the migration.
- We are trying to migrate SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2013 by Upgrade databases detach attach method, thereby upgrading the database to a higher version of SQL. process.
2. We recreate the new Web Application in the target FARM before attaching the database and it normal without any authentication issue. However the same web application started prompting for username/password after the database was attached and upgraded. When we migrate the Database from SharePoint 2010 the Claims Authentication types is Kerberos and this the reason for Multiple Login Prompt appearing in Sharepoint 2013. This primary happen after upgrading Content Database from SQL 2008 to SQL 2014.
- Change the “Claims Authentication Types” of Web Application from Kerberos to NTLM.
- After cleaning the features, change the Claim Authentication type of Web Application from “Kerberos” to “NTLM”.
- Steps: 1 Go to Central Admin è Application Management è Manage Web Applications è.
- Steps: 2 Select the Web Application and click on “Authentication Providers” from ribbon.
Steps: 3 Click on “Default” Zone.
Steps: 4 Change the “Claims Authentication Types” of Web Application from Negotiate (Kerberos) to NTLM.
You are done.