A Large Cybersecurity Company
CompanyA Large Cybersecurity Company
IndustryComputer & Network Security
Company Size5,001-10,000 employees
Netwoven ImplementedJive to Office 365 Migration
How Netwoven Helped a Cyber Security Company with Jive to Office 365 Migration
This large cybersecurity company in the USA known for providing solutions that enables home users and businesses to stay one step ahead of the next wave of viruses, malware, and other online threats. Security technologies from the company have a unique, predictive capability that is powered by their global threat intelligence technology, which enables home users and businesses to stay one step ahead of the next wave of viruses, malware, and other online threats.
Business Situation and Challenges
The cybersecurity company was the consumer of both Jive and the Microsoft Unified Communication and Collaboration (UCC) technology platform (Office 365). The company was using Jive to collaborate with different internal groups. The Jive environment had thousands of spaces, sub-spaces, projects, groups along with their associated content (users, documents, discussions, comments, attachments, images, blogs, videos etc.) through which users communicated and collaborated.
They made the decision to migrate from Jive to Office 365 for the following reasons:
- To have a crossover between Jive and Office 365 to remove the redundancy in workload management
- To have a platform that will save on licensing and maintenance costs, as Jive was very expensive
- Switching to Microsoft platform was necessary as it comes packed with more features such as Planner, Teams, Yammer etc.
Netwoven worked with the cybersecurity company with a two-step process that comprised of an initial assessment followed by implementation.
During the initial assessment, Netwoven and the company’s IT team worked with key business users to:
- Understand their requirements, how they used the existing environment
- Conducted several Proof of Concepts (POCs) in the Office 365 environment with business use cases
- Reviewed existing content in Jive
- Conducted user workshops
- Developed target Information Architecture (IA) that mapped source Jive objects to target Office 365 objects
This resulted into significant buy-in to the process and provided good insight to the business users on how the new environment would look like. This was then followed with planning activities to help define the overall delivery.
Implementation & Migration
Netwoven then worked with their IT team using its tested migration approach and proprietary tools to execute the migration project. The migration process consisted of the following high-level steps:
- Source readiness
- Purging content
- A deeper analysis of the content for migration readiness
- Communication planning
- Migration tool configuration
- Test scripts preparation and automation
- Governance planning
- Migration prioritization for iterative execution
The project was completed on-time and on-budget with a global delivery team.
The migration resulted into several benefits to the Enterprise:
- Simplified Information Architecture that is easy to maintain
- Reduced operating cost as Jive was de-commissioned
- Expanded the use of Office 365 for a higher ROI