The customer was using both Jive and Microsoft 365, and wanted to migrate all their Jive content to Microsoft 365 and subsequently retire Jive. The main reasons behind the plan to migrate were:
- Significant feature cross-over between Jive and Microsoft 365
- Significant annual Jive licensing and maintenance cost savings
- Customer required a white gloves service for 150+ sites
- The preferred target location was SharePoint Online, and all Jive content with their preamble and conversation should be migrated only to SharePoint Online
- The customer wanted to migrate all personal content for active and non-active users
The customer had an enormous number of videos which were successfully migrated to SharePoint Document library. Conversation over videos and all other content were moved to modern SharePoint pages.
- Customized Editor was created to migrate all rich collaborative documents and Jive discussions in Modern Pages.
- Metadata was created to accommodate Question and Best Reply options. Custom Apps for home page were created to display the discussions marked as Questions.
- Other Apps such as Mosaic, Featured Content, Alerts, etc. were created to support the rich user experience
- A robust experience offered by SharePoint Online
- Conversation on any objects like documents, events, or discussions could be done in SharePoint Modern page without the need for other discussion channels
- More flexibility on SharePoint Online permission model to host all Jive permission level
- More flexibility in sites and pages
- Improved performance and scalability
- Significant reduction in license renewal
About Entertainment CompanyThe customer is a premier developer and publisher of entertainment software and the world’s leading and most popular makers of computer games. By focusing on creating well-designed, highly enjoyable entertainment experiences, the customer has maintained an unparalleled reputation for quality since their inception. Their core specialties include video game development & publishing, gaming & player accounts platform, art, animation & sound, design, engineering & technology, consumer products, marketing & communications, and community e-sports.