Jelly Belly Candy Company
CompanyJelly Belly Candy Company
- Sales Analytics
- Dynamics CRM 2016
About the Client
Jelly Belly Candy Company is a U.S. based candy company founded in 1869. The company manufactures high quality confections including the flagship Jelly Belly jelly bean brand, candy corn, chocolates, licorice and gummies, Sunkist Fruit Gems, Sport Beans. Known for flavor innovations and worldwide brand recognition, the family owned and operated company is now managed by the fourth, fifth and sixth generations of the family. Jelly Belly Candy Company is headquartered in Fairfield, California.
Business Situation and Challenges
Jelly Belly uses technology to maximize benefits for its business users by improved productivity, better collaboration and decision making. They have been using SharePoint 2010 for internal collaboration and intranet needs for the past several years. Jelly Belly’s goal was to migrate from Sharepoint 2010 to Sharepoint 2016 to improve collaboration, and information sharing.
Migration to SharePoint 2016 Standard Edition presented the following issues that needed to be addressed:
• Required an interim migration to SharePoint 2013.
• Rework of custom applications that existed on the SharePoint 2010 farm.
• Rework of the Infopath forms.
Jelly Belly Candy Company hired Netwoven, a long time IT business partner of the company, to assist with the migration. Netwoven presented a compelling proposal that blended both its Onshore and Offshore capabilities to provide optimal service for this project.
Netwoven worked with Jelly Belly internal SharePoint administrator and used the following approach for the migration:
- Initial planning and procurement of the appropriate hardware / software.
- Conducted test migration of SharePoint 2010 to 2016.
- Reworked the custom applications to SharePoint 2016.
- Converted the Infopath forms to Web forms for SharePoint 2016.
- User Acceptance Testing.
- Production Migration and cutover.
By moving to SharePoint 2016, Jelly Belly Candy Company is able to take advantage of many new features of SharePoint 2016. The migration also positioned the organization for expansion in the future.