Juniper Networks, Inc.
IndustryTechnologyOrganization Size5,001 - 10,000CountryUnited States
- Juniper was using Documentum as their primary CMS for quite some time. It was a massive on-premise installation
- Juniper wanted to reduce their on-premise infrastructure footprint and adopted cloud migration strategy. Documentum was a major hurdle in their roadmap
- Documentum repository became messy and unstructured over time without proper governance.
- Lack of proper Information Management Policies put the Intellectual Properties at risk
- Users experience was poor for lack for proper classification. Content retrieval, authoring, publishing were all inefficient
- The support contract for Documentum was ending
- Juniper adopted Microsoft 365
- A detailed assessment was done for Documentum for content volume, types, freshness, usage and organization
- In consultation with stakeholders, SharePoint Online Information Architecture was designed. Detailed mapping was done for cabinets and folders to sites & libraries.
- Documentum permission model was mapped to SharePoint permission model
- Classification taxonomy was created and mapped to Content Types
- Documentum export was migrated using NW Unified Migration Tool, where ETL was performed on the export to make it compliant to SPO repository. CSOM/REST API was used to populate SPO
- SPO site pages were configured using a white gloves service agreement to provide desired user experience and features
- URL redirection module was provided to redirect old bookmarked links
- A cloud-based Document Management System
- Retained document authorship information, timestamp and ACLs
- Carried over all document versions and metadata
- Improved UX experience for users
- Highly improved collaboration through O365 collaboration workloads. Always future compatible
- Big savings on local infrastructure and managed service
- Big savings on Documentum License
- Much better governance using O365 governance policies and workloads
Documentum to Microsoft 365 Migration
Netwoven’s Global delivery model using right sourcing worked very well for us. Their project managers guided the complete process smoothly during the project lifecycle. Our solution was created on-time and on-budget.
Kevin CrossmanIT Manager, Collaboration
About Juniper Networks, Inc.Juniper Networks is leading the revolution in networking, making it one of the most exciting technology companies in Silicon Valley today. Juniper Networks is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California, with over 9,000 employees in 70 countries.
Juniper’s sole mission has been to create innovative products and solutions that meet the growing demands of the connected world.