About Keysight TechnologiesKeysight Technologies Ltd. is the world's leading electronic measurement company, transforming today's measurement experience through innovations in wireless, modular, and software solutions. The Company was using the Jive Cloud system for team collaboration. Multiple Jive features like discussion, documents, blogs, etc were being used to facilitate efficient team communication and collaboration. The usage was however declining. Post-adoption of Office 365, migration from Jive to Office 365 was identified as a good opportunity to reduce cost while creating a sustainable and well-governed collaboration platform
Migration to Governed Office 365 from Jive
Netwoven’s Govern 365 is a comprehensive solution that has helped us apply governance policies to our Office 365 environment. It has helped ensure the right balance of administrative control and providing our users with the optimal empowerment. We no longer have our IT team manually processing requests for new SharePoint Sites and are especially saving a significant amount of time creating sites from our more complicated templates.
Brett CoxCollaboration Specialist
Keysight Technologies Consolidated Collaborations on a Governed Office 365
- No viable commercial tool available for migration of Jive content
- No single Office 365 product(s) provided a complete feature set of Jive
- Yammer was not the preferred target for migrating Jive documents but for discussions, Yammer was the choice
- Yammer API has several bottlenecks for bulk upload of content. Much needed features like an update of the item, the setting of authorship, and time stamp information are not supported.
- Collaboration document does not have a matching type in SharePoint
- Absence of unified search experience for Yammer and SharePoint Online
- Providing a consistent user experience on SharePoint Online for Jive Users
- Jive permission model is very different from that of SharePoint
- Needed a prudent governance solution for a controlled Office 365 collaboration platform
Designed the collaboration process on Office 365 and migrated content from Jive for business continuity. Leveraged Govern 365 for effective governance of Office 365.
- Yammer integrated Office 365 Groups were selected for target Information Architecture
- Custom tool(s) were designed for the migration where Yammer API limitations were worked around
- Application design facilitated mapping between Jive and Yammer + Office 365 Groups containers and Content Types
- An intermediate repository was designed for facilitating this mapping and transformation
- Used Jive database snapshot to improve the performance of data export
- For some content types, Jive REST API was used for export which provided the final status of the content as rendered by Jive.
- The intermediate storage also helped in Delta migration
- To facilitate higher throughput a modular and parallel architecture was created, which helped processing content in multiple threads
- An extensive permission mapping model was created to map the permissions to SharePoint
- Deployed Netwoven's Govern 365 to manage the growth and usage of Office 365 workloads
- Utilization of the Office 365 platform
- 99.9% perfection in migrated content
- Intuitive user experience
- Huge saving from termination of Jive license
- Business continuity
- Optimal governance to ensure a managed and monitored platform