About Lime ConnectLime Connect is a global not-for-profit organization that empowers high-potential university students and professionals with all types of disabilities. Lime Connect leads the way in this unique niche, helping to attract, prepare, and connect its audience to appropriate opportunities for scholarships, leadership programs, internships, and full time careers. Lime Connect has connected its members for career opportunities with corporate partners such as BlackRock, Bloomberg, EY, Goldman Sachs, Google, JPMorgan Chase & Co., Microsoft, PwC, Sony, and Unilever in the United States; and Bell, CIBC, IBM Canada, Kraft Heinz, Microsoft, Rogers, and TD in Canada.
Netwoven Helped Lime Connect Transform its IT Operation and Improve Business Outcome
The solution leverages the major components of the Office 365 suite:
- Microsoft 365
- Office 365
- MS Teams
- SharePoint Online
Lime Connect needed an upgrade to its IT infrastructure to help the organization efficiently meet growing demand for its services. Among the most notable challenges:
- Lime Connect’s email solution was woefully outdated, with legacy protocols like POP3 and IMAP in place, and no backup if services became unavailable. They also had no protocols to deal with phishing, spam, malware, or spoofing.
- The company lacked a collaboration tool to facilitate efficient processes among its team members.
- Antiquated services like Kaspersky (antivirus) and Backblaze (desktop backups) were providing less-than-enterprise level protection for Lime Connect’s data.
- The company had no device management/security tool used for managing company assets, nor did they employ identity, data, or device protection services.
Finally, Lime Connect had no repository to manage its data, or to back it up to the cloud.
Lime Connect engaged with Netwoven and its global delivery model. Netwoven analysed the situation and determined that a more contemporary solution, built around Microsoft’s enterprise-grade professional technology solutions, would bring Lime Connect up to present-day standards for security, data, and device protection. This included:
- Deployment of Office 365 to migrate and manage mailbox data and provide a cloud backup solution (including the use of Exchange Online to modernize protocols like Autodiscover and configuration).
- Implementation of collaboration tools like Microsoft Teams, to facilitate communication; OneDrive for Business, to better manage and backup data; and SharePoint Online, to deliver document collaboration.
- Underpinning and protecting the new services were instances of Windows Defender and Advanced Threat Protection (for data and devices). Exchange Online Protection also was deployed as a barrier against phishing, spam, spoofing, and malware.
- Microsoft Endpoint Manager was utilized to manage company assets and deploy device compliance policies for a multi-OS environment, supporting both Windows 10 Enterprise/Pro and MacOS.
Finally, Identity Protection was implemented as a gatekeeping solution for conditional access, multi-factor authentication, a self-service password reset scheme, and risky user sign-in.
In addition to upgrading Lime Connect’s IT footprint and providing contemporary, best-in-class solutions for some of the most mission-critical data and communications functions, Netwoven’s modernization project virtually mitigated the company’s monthly outlay for these services.
The savings and efficiencies realized through Netwoven’s deployment for Lime Connect resulted in real savings – measured in cash and productivity – that could be redeployed back into the non-profit for the welfare of its clients.
Cloud Backup Solution, Identity Protection
I can’t imagine trying to initiate MS O365 without Netwoven’s support. The team was competent and responsive to meeting our needs and stayed within our budget.
Susan LangPresident & CEO