Sonoma-Marin Area Rail Transit
CompanySonoma Marin Area Rail Transit District
- SharePoint and Active Directory Managed Services
- Active Directory Transitions
About the Client
Sonoma-Marin Area Rail Transit (SMART) is the San Francisco Bay Area’s newest transportation option for travel, offering passengers with rail service in Sonoma and Marin counties. SMART’s initial 43 miles of rail corridor includes 10 stations while they plan to extend it to 70 miles of passenger rail service, connecting SMART passengers with jobs, education centers, retail hubs and housing along the Sonoma-Marin corridor, that also includes a bicycle-pedestrian pathway.
SMART has used Netwoven as it's strategic partner for over 5 years. Netwoven's offshore team has assisted SMART using its managed services program to provide support for its SharePoint environment. Netwoven consultants manage the environment, perform regular updates, and provide emergency support.
Business Situation and Challenges
As a transportation company, SMART required a reliable, responsive and updated infrastructure to provide optimal services to public commuters. Their internal collaboration and infrastructure required constant monitoring and upkeeping so that their employees could focus on their main business – ‘Transportation’.
Netwoven has been a long-standing partner to SMART for almost a decade and stood all along their transitions from their Native On-premise Infrastructure to Hybrid Public Cloud Infrastructure. We have been successful in making key implementations and help achieve higher ROI for their Infrastructure costs in the following areas.
- Daily monitoring and weekly reporting
- Reducing downtime
- Issue assessment and resolution of SharePoint and multiple Active Directory servers
- On-demand or proactive upgrade of SharePoint platform
- Monthly patching of SharePoint farm Servers and multiple Active Directory servers patching
- Implementation of on-demand or proactive new technologies with features consultation and deployments
Active Directory Transitions
- DHCP and Primary Domain Controller (PDC) migration with scope, reservations, and leases
- PDC having operating system Windows 2012
- Presence of Multiple location wise Domain Controllers with Windows 2012 R2
- Issues with Directory sync in certain locations
- The risk for Time Sync issue with NTP
- Prepare and configure Windows Server 2016 and make it PDC
- Export DHCP from Old PDC to New Windows 2016 PDC with scope, reservations, and leases
- Domain and Forest Roles Migration from Old PDC to New Windows 2016 DC
- Demote Old PDC and Demote another DC as planned
- Upgrading functional level of new Windows 2016 DC
- Robust, up to date Active Directory infrastructure
- Upgraded Physical infrastructure for better business continuity.
- Getting rid of persistent issues with higher reliability and uptime.
- Enhanced Directory features now available to SMART IT
SharePoint and Active Directory Managed Services
- Budget constraint for accommodating discrete professionals with varied expertise for end-to-end SharePoint Support
- Finding and placing multiskilled professionals for end-to-end SharePoint support
- Day-to-day user support on issues and enhancement requirements
- End-to-end SharePoint infrastructure, multiple Active Directory servers and user support
- On-premise and cloud (Office 365) compatible
- Unlimited user support
- SharePoint platform monitoring, reporting, and proactive maintenance
- No overhead of building in house SharePoint expertise and operate at a lower cost
- Access to the full range of SharePoint skills and expertise
- Increase user adoption of your SharePoint platform
- New improved monitoring and insights
- More automation to bring accuracy and responsiveness of service
- Better visibility of infrastructure, uptime and root cause detection
- Enhanced reporting dashboard to include upgraded features and functionality
- Better accountability and peace of mind for SMART IT