About Global Media Solutions CompanyThe customer is the global leader in Digital media and Digital marketing solutions. The customer’s creative, marketing and document solutions empower everyone– from emerging artists to global brands – to bring digital creations to life and deliver immersive, compelling experiences to the right person at the right moment for the best results. In short, this organization’s presence is felt everywhere, and they are rapidly changing the world through digital experiences. The customers offerings include software, creative on cloud, digital marketing, web experience management, digital media, creative suite, digital publishing, design software, online analytics, mobile apps, social marketing, web marketing, and social measurement.
Learn how Netwoven’s migration solution helped a global Digital Media solutions company save significant costs in database backup
The customer wanted to migrate their Marketo Jive Intranet to the customer’s Microsoft 365 tenant and needed a service provider who had the expertise and experience to plan and execute the migration successfully with the scheduled time span. Some of the challenges the customer was facing were-
- Jive license was expiring within the migration timeline
- The customer was looking to migrate the entire Jive content into SharePoint Online in a fixed timeline including Idea
- The customer wanted the communication lines with the users open prior to migration and during the multiple phases of the migration.
- Only one Jive Database backup was available for migration, successive database backups required huge costs
The migration process was divided into 2 phases- In Phase 1, all Jive content was downloaded in a repository, and in Phase 2, the content was migrated to the target location.
- Jive database backup was downloaded only once, and subsequently, all the delta content was downloaded through Rest API and deposited into the database.
- A detailed communication plan and Power App were created to ensure user awareness in each step of the migration.
- Idea migration was done in SharePoint online and the custom app supported the Idea functionality
- All Marketo content was successfully added to the customer’s environment.
- Marketo users mapped with their new official email, kept the content authorship as it was
- A streamlined communication plan with the interactive App helped the user during the transition
- There was no more additional cost to be paid for Jive database backup
- The content was migrated without any loss and UAT was implemented after the expiration of Jive