About Sonoma-Marin Area Rail TransitSonoma-Marin Area Rail Transit (SMART) is the San Francisco Bay Area’s newest transportation option for travel, offering passengers with rail service in Sonoma and Marin counties. SMART’s initial 43 miles of rail corridor includes 10 stations while they plan to extend it to 70 miles of passenger rail service, connecting SMART passengers with jobs, education centers, retail hubs and housing along the Sonoma-Marin corridor, that also includes a bicycle-pedestrian pathway.
SMART has used Netwoven as it's strategic partner for over 5 years. Netwoven's offshore team has assisted SMART using its managed services program to provide support for its SharePoint environment. Netwoven consultants manage the environment, perform regular updates, and provide emergency support.
SharePoint version upgrade to get the most of modern SharePoint features and solutions
- Inability to use modern Intranet features and tools
- Performance degradation due to outdated technology
- Accumulation of orphaned contents due to content aging, resulting in broken links and performance hits
- Non-compatibility between Source and Destination SharePoint platforms
- Downtime constraints due to unsupported Microsoft software versions
- A large count of objects in the source to assess and migrate
- Unsupported contents for modernization of Intranet solutions
- SharePoint 2010 Assessment, preparation, and cleanup for migration
- Build temporary SharePoint 2013 staging environment
- Detach-Attach migrate content databases to Staging SharePoint 2013, cleanup and upgrading databases
- Finally, build a SharePoint 2016 environment and Detach-Attach migrate content databases from SharePoint 2013 Staging environment
- Redesign target SharePoint 2016 landing page with latest features and functionalities
- Improved and upgraded SharePoint features
- Improved and reliable performance
- New Look and feel, modern workplace induced into the collaboration space for SMART
- New platform for easy transition and integration with Office 365
SharePoint Version Upgrade
Thank you Netwoven for your expert direction and steadfast support of our agency’s SharePoint deployment. You have contributed greatly to the success of our ‘Start-Up’ Rail Agency’s success. Your onshore and offshore teams always perform at the highest level.
Dan HurlbuttIT Manager