Netwoven, a professional services firm founded by ex-Microsoft employees based in the Bay Area, is looking for an experienced Practice Director. This position is remote.
The Practice Director will serve in a leadership role that contributes to growing a successful practice that delivers profitable business opportunities to drive business results. We are seeking an entrepreneurial and Practice Director to lead growth and delivery on our App Modernization team that focuses on engineering for.NET, Azure and MEAN tech stack. This role is a balance between team management, pre-sales, architecture, and delivery oversight. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in each of these areas within a consulting environment. Primary responsibilities include SOW writing/leading, practice growth, and delivery quality.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Practice Growth & Development:
- Drive growth through business development, resourcing, quality delivery, and thought leadership
- Monitor, and take a key role in the weekly planning meetings for staffing and resourcing
- Track utilization, revenue, and margins for practice
- Plan strategy for growth of practice capabilities
- Work directly with client’s executive leadership to provide advisory services specializing in IT turnarounds, maturity, and transformational efforts.
- Communicate with other practice directors, and leadership to brainstorm ideas off each other for practice growth
- Create proposals and SOWs
- Work closely with Sales and other Practice leaders to recommend strategies to grow the Application Modernization practice within existing accounts.
- Participate and present at marketing events to educate potential customer base
- Conduct hack-a-thons, cloud assessments, and app assessments to help customers with the discovery phase
- Manage full sales cycles, end-to-end, for high potential clients
- Train team on best practices around pre-sales
- Ensure process documentation is managed and maintained by the Practice regarding pre-sales best practices
- Oversee project delivery through release cycles corresponding to fast-paced sprints
- Ensures teams are getting proper training and using best methods for deliver expertise
- Use deep understanding of modern application landscape to guide team and customers alike
- Ensure technical guidance is provided from self or team on issues that require
- Provide thoughtful leadership for unique client architectures- at times being a decision maker.
Candidate must possess the following skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent work experience
- At least 7+ years of relevant experience in engineering leadership as a Senior/Principal Architect, Manager, or Team lead.
- Expertise in writing SOWs, monitoring client sales pipelines, and closing deals
- Experience in aspects of cloud computing which included hands on architecture/development: 4 years Azure, GCP and AWS experience is a plus as well
- At least 4+ years’ experience in leading the development and cloud solutions utilizing Microsoft Azure
- At least 10 years’ experience with technical delivery
- At least 5 years of Practice/Team management
- Experience in building Microservices based solution architecture
- Has demonstrated the ownership of the P&L for a practice
- Experience in .NET and Web Services
- Ability to manage estimates, tasks, escalations, risks/issues
- Ability to clearly articulate concepts to people with varying technical background
- Expertise in designing high-level, enterprise grade solution architecture
- An expert communicator and collaborator who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
Netwoven offers a comprehensive benefits package with a flexible environment to work from home.
Excited about this opportunity?