Duration: 6 Months
The role will primarily responsible for the performance and coordination of network operations; troubleshoot network problems balanced with best in class customer service. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, enthusiastic, have good organizational and project skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines, problem solves, multi-task between operations and project-based activities.
- Monitoring network infrastructure and performing troubleshooting as issues arise.
- Aruba ClearPass Network Access Control troubleshooting, policies and enforcement
- Aruba Mobility and Controller operational issues
- Assisting with updating & preparing standard operating procedures; strong network topology (vision) documentation, and other documentation.
- Handle customer trouble tickets and service requests within SLA.
- Drive the resolution of customer issues by applying technical expertise, product knowledge, communication and problem solving skills.
- Prioritize issues of varying severity, and effectively manage the resolution or escalation of all issues within accepted service levels.
- Rack-mounting and de-installing network equipment and associated cabling.
- Configuration, Support and Problem Resolution for WLAN/LAN/WAN network equipment. (Aruba wireless, ClearPass NAC, Cisco Routers/Switches and other equipment as defined).
- Monitoring of WLAN/LAN/WAN environment. Proactive response to alerting on issues. Traffic analysis, BW analysis and monitoring.
- Applies expertise in the use of IT-related technology, processes, and best practices in support of IT solutions.
- Prioritizes and drives quality and continuous improvement throughout the project lifecycle (PLC) in delivering LAN, WAN, WLAN and Telephony services in a large enterprise with global scope, i.e. install, configure, maintain, support and optimization of such systems.
- Proactively builds functional / technical knowledge by taking on increasingly complex challenges resulting in the ability to quickly analyse, troubleshoot and resolve complex and advanced networking problems and coordinate with vendors and service providers for fault isolation.
- Adapts new technologies and methods in project work and operations in the networking space that drives technical innovation for efficiency of IT solutions and optimization of IT operations.
- Ensures rigorous quality control by meeting well-defined shared objectives and KPIs, which includes taking ownership of escalated issues from 1st and 2nd
- line of support, handling of trouble tickets and mentoring junior members of the global team in problem resolution.
- 8 or more years’ experience with large enterprise level LAN, WAN and WLAN infrastructure
- Prefer advanced degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCIE) preferred or equivalent
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of HPE Aruba ClearPass. Ability to configure CPPM services Aruba Mobility / Controller experience must have AAA/TACACS experience a plus
- Demonstrates advanced understanding of multiple Cisco operating systems Intermediate level knowledge in networking technologies like EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, QOS, STP, HSRP, WAN Optimization, VPC, Etherchannel, IPSec, IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, DNS, DHCP, NTP, TACACS etc
- Advanced level experience in all Routing and Switching gear in the Cisco
- Enterprise portfolio including Nexus, ASR and ISR platforms
- Experience or working knowledge of Dell, HP and Cisco UCS Intel based server hardware and deployment desired
- Must exercise good judgement in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Must be able to follow company standard methods and procedures on new assignments, and may provide guidance to other personnel
- Must be a self-starter, have good organizational and project management skills with strong follow-up
- Proven troubleshooting skills across the enterprise network using various tools and methodologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders
Excited about this opportunity?